Adult Day Services mission is to teach adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities pre-vocational skills as well as independent living skills.
Long Term Follow-up
Work Adjustment Job Coaching
Supported Employment and Work Adjustment Service Highlights:
- We teach clients to understand the meaning, value, and demands of work.
- We work with clients to learn and re-establish skills, attitudes, personal characteristics, and work behaviors.
- We identify and explore vocational interests of the people we serve in order to provide optimal placement and success.
- We spend time with both the employee and the employer to establish comfortable working relationships.
- We assess job and social skills needed for both environment and the employment position.
- We work hands on with our clients to ensure they learn the skills necessary to maintain employment success with the use of Job Coaches.
- We seek natural supports within the employer’s business to assist our clients with sustained employment.
- We maintain contact with employers in order to meet continuing needs and employee job revisions as they arise.
To the Employer
Our goal is to link employable individuals with disabilities with businesses throughout Beaufort County.
Our Supportive Employment and Community Based Work Adjustment Services at BCDC is under contract by the NC Department of Vocational Rehabilitation. The program is designed to teach adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities, ages 16 and over, marketable job skills and industry accepted work habits, as well as communication skills and social competencies which enhance the individual’s ability to live and work independently. The program offers both training and employment opportunities to persons with disabilities.
Tax Credit with VR Employer Services
Be an employer who can enjoy tax savings when you employ someone referred through Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
There are four kinds of tax incentives available:
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
- Disabled Access Tax Credit
- Welfare to Work Tax Credit
Architectural/Transportation Barrier Removal Deduction